The Allliance System Federation is a labor organization representing rail workers in seventeen (17) states. Our membership performs maintenance work on bridges , track and structures. Through their untiring efforts America’s railroads continue to operate.
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act, or CARES Act, boosts unemployment and sickness benefits for railroad workers impacted by the pandemic.
RUIA Benefit Flexibilities COVID-19 (FINAL)_2
Take extra precaution to stop the spread of the Covid-19. Follow these instructions and others sent out by your respective railroad.
CSX Covid-19 Action Plan
Norfolk Southern Covid-19 Action Plan
The deadline is quickly approaching for the United Healthcare Spouse Audit. Please click the link below to complete this audit if you have not done so!
Arbitration Dir. Shanahan Testifies to U.S. House Rail Committee Citing BMWED Concerns 03/04/2020
FEDERAL EMPLOYERS LIABILITY ACT(F.E.L.A.)INJURED?KNOW YOUR RIGHTSWhat to do if injured on the job:
- Ask to be transported to the nearest hospital immediately
- Call your union representative as soon as possible
- Notify the attending physician that he/she is not to discuss your medical treatment with anyone but you and do not sign a release of information permitting the physician/hospital to give information to the railroad
- Do not allow a management official into the examining room
- Ask to fill out an accident report
- Fill out the report according to your union representative’s advice
- Ask for an immediate copy of the completed accident report
- When questioned by management refer them to your initial answers on the accident report and do not fill out a second accident report
If you feel your reporting or suffering an injury or accident made you a subject of harassment or retaliation by a railroad manager, you may be entitled to protection under the Federal Rail Safety Act (FRSA), 49 U.S.C. Section 20109 and entitled to damages.
Also, BMWED members who are injured on the job shoud contact BMWED Designated Legal Council and ascertain their rights and protections under the Federal Employers’ Liability Act (FELA) prior to attempting a settlement with a railroad claim agent.
We are stronger together!
Unions Help All Workers Earn More _ Teamsters